Monday, July 23, 2012

Negotiating Salaries - a Corporate Recruiter's Perspective

Ok so you have finally found that perfect job!  Now it is time to complete the application.  Fill in this - type that.  Long process isn't is.  So after 20 minutes of typing in all of the information that can be found on your resume (yes we do understand) you come the section where it asks for salary information.  So you think to yourself - "hmm...if I put down what I really want I may knock myself out of the running for an interview" OR "if I put down nothing or a $1 if it requires a number than they would have to call me for an interview".  And you are correct on both thoughts.  The issue with putting down $1 is when you actually get the interview (phone or in-person) and the hiring manager or HR person asks you for your salary requirements.  You can't tell them $1 but if you shoot too high you won't get the job.  What do you do????

Stay tuned for the next blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment